No, it’s NOT over yet! Color is just starting to enter the consciousness of women everywhere, and why put an end to such a happy occasion?! Embrace it this spring/summer, nothing could be easier and look as sharp with little effort!
If you haven’t got into colored jeans yet, spring is the time to start! We aren’t a fan of the built in color blocking into the outfit (it is just trying too hard!), but we LOVE when it’s assembled yourself from different pieces that aren’t intentionally “color block” (this seems to be how the trend is manifesting this year anyway).
- Pick 3 colors max and add a shoe or purse thats either a solid color or built in color blocked at a minimal level (nude shoes with neon pops are great!).
- Toss in nude tones with color blocking to tone it down and it really looks stunning!
- Accessorize with grownup friendship bracelets, gold chains, chunky rings, rhinestone jewelry, and oversized clutches.
How To: Pastel Pink, Green, and Royal Blue
Inspiration photo (top left)
1. Gerard Yosca, Bombay blue with crystal chain drop earring, // 2. Free People, Neon Lights Must Be Dreamin’ Top, // 3. Clare Vivier, Foldover textured leather clutch, // 4. J Brand 811 Mid-Rise Skinny in Emerald Green, // 5. Shashi, Grey, gold, and rhinestone breacelet, // 6. JUICY COUTURE CROWN ID FRIENDSHIP BRACELET IN VIVID PINK, // 7. Rachel Leigh, Estates Rock Ring, // 8. Lens Get Gorgeous Ring in Iris,
How to: Neon Yellow and Nude
Inspiration photo (top left), Inspiration photo (bottom right)
1. Tory Burch, Rachel leather clutch shoulder bag, // 2. Noir Jewelry, Classic Earrings, // 3. CC Skye, Natalie bracelet in neon pink/neon yellow, // 4. AG Adriano Goldschmied, Neon Yellow skinny jeans, // 5. Ever Bowery blouse in french blue stripe, // 6. Noir Jewerly, Neon crystal pendant necklace,
Just head over to our Pinterest board where we have been collecting color blocking skills!